Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Blog Reflectionnn



1. What are you most proud of on your blog? Why?
The one thing that I'm most proud of would be my design on my blog. At first i just had a pink cheesy layout that didn't look professional at all and wasn't very interesting to look at. I then decided that if people were going to view my blog I'd want it to look a little more professional and eye catching. As soon as i made the changes of renaming my headline, adding pictures and videos, and changing the layout my blog looked allot better. I'm proud of this because I'm not very good at graphic design but in this project i really pulled through and ended up with a nice looking blog i became proud of.


2. What would you like to improve on your blog? Why? How?

Some areas i feel i could improve on is getting interesting articles that hook people in easily. The current event articles i had used were semi interesting but i think i could have done better. An example of someone in our class that had really interesting articles was Amanda. I'm not quite sure where to get stories on a guy who eats a bunch of Big Mac everyday but i could have spent more time on finding articles that catch peoples eye and are more interesting. Maybe next time i could ask my classmates where they got their current events from so i could try the websites they used if i liked their stories.

4. How has blogging impacted your understanding of the US? the Media? Current Events? "Old" news (like the Constitution, Federalist Papers, etc.)?

Blogging has impacted my understanding of the U.S from me connecting current day world issues or topics and relating them to "Old News" or my personal opinions. Before this project i didn't know much that was happening around the world. I was never interested in the stock market for example but doing these blogs and reading articles about it got me interested because i have stocks of my own and i could connect what i learned through the blogs to personal matters. I feel like i know more about the presidential election then i had before and my knowledge of the U.S and today's current events has grown. Through these blogs i was able to summarize articles for a better understanding of the, make a class connection, and state my personal opinions and ask questions. All these things have helped me better my understanding of the U.S, media, and today's old and new news that will only continue me to have better learning experience.

No comments: