Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Reflection Of Newspaper

Some things I liked about contributing to the group was with finding the picture with the caption, helping revising headlines, and trying to give ideas for the newspaper. I had found a picture that no one else really had that portrayed the articles really well. No one else really seemed to be finding pictures with captions so I took on the job of doing so. I also liked how I helped the group revise their headlines when we needed to put an “action verb” into it. My other group members were having trouble so I helped them find new ways to reword their headlines and sub headlines to add the action verb into it. I thought our headlines turned out pretty nice and were eye catching for the reader to read.

I contributed to the group by giving ideas for revising our final product. Also like I said before I helped the group with revising the headlines and finding the pictures with captions. If we were to do this project again I would like for maybe my group members to corporate and for me not be ignored all the time. I truly believe our final product could have been better if our group wasn’t so resistant to revision, let alone everything else I had to say. It’s unfortunate to see that this turned out this way but it’s only a learning experience that we can only improve upon.

I honestly don’t think we used our resources very well. We could have done a lot more to our final product by like I said by revising, maybe printing proofs and getting critiques and revising, and putting some structure in the layout. I also think by having more people in the group learn how to design the newspaper might be a little more helpful then just relying on one person to make everything. It seemed like our group just used the resources that were handed to us but didn’t go out of our way to exceed to our fullest. Next time I think we should come up with a plan for what to get done everyday and be a little bit more organized all together.

No comments: