Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Beginning of Reflection

The H20 project is an example of a piece of work I'm proud of. I think this is because we spent alot of time for this project getting critiques and doing drafts. I really like the photography that i took. I spent alot of time making two trips to the La Jolla Children's Pool and taking pictures. Applying photo shop to my pictures made them eye catching and something to be proud of during our exhibition.

How I accomplished my photography for this projects was by first taking a bunch of pictures then getting them all critiqued. Out of the 100 pictures i took i narrowed them down to 30, then picked 6 from those 30. After i had all my photography picked out for my photo essay i carefully photo shopped them and then i was done. Going through these step helped me accomplish the final product.

" Pup Season
The pup season is a very important season for the harbor seals to use the beach because they need a safe place to give birth. Harbor seals are land mammals and cannot always be in the water. “Hauling out” is the phrase locals’ use for this behavior. A volunteer from the organization, “La Jolla Friends of the Seals” explained how the seals get intimidated and scared easily and even the slightest scare can lead up to a premature birth. This season on November 21, 2008, the first premature pup was born and died not to long after. Pedestrians invading the seals’ territory and causing stress can lead to even more premature births."

This caption is also an example of a piece if work that I'm proud of. The highly polished piece of writing that i did made me feel like i did a really good job. By going through numerous drafts and critiques for this photo essay really payed off feeling good in the end.

How i accomplished this was by putting also of effort into my work but also being engaged and intreseted in it as well. To get to this final piece of writing i not only when through draft after draft but got different peers involved in critiqing my work also. I think this betters your writing becuase you are getting feedback from different perspectives which can only make it better.




No comments: