Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Magazine Reflection

1. What went well during the process of making this magazine was that i already had my photo essay and picture in hand so basically all i had to do was revise what i already had. I am really proud of my photography and my writing i think it turned out well. Doing a photo essay seemed like the right choice for me to enter into the magazine.

2. One challenge i faced throughout my drafts was figuring out what to cut and how to reword sentences. At first i didn't want to get rid of sections in my photo essay but when i did, it flowed much easier and was overall better to understand. Going through all the critiques was an overwhelming process but it helped so much.

3. I thought the magazines that we looked at (New Yorker and etc.) were very helped because we got to look at their layouts and apply some of their techniques to ours. It was a good example of how a magazine should look along with an example of what looks good.

No comments: